Monday, July 30, 2012

Transfer day

We transferred 2 embryos today back in to my uterus. The procedure went okay. We ended up with 1 good embryo and 1 moderate embryo. Because we didn't get 2 great eggs our success rate has dropped to around 60%. The bad news is that we might not have any to freeze. I'll know more tomorrow and post it. It would appear that either egg or sperm quality caused most (and I'm talking about 20 to 30 eggs to either stop growing (die) or become incredibly poor quality.) I don't know more and I don't want to be asked why this happened by ANYBODY. This day should have been wonderful and it came with incredibly shitty news. I don't want anyone to pretend to be mad at the Dr. It's our eggs and sperm that just don't want to work. We started this process with 62 F-ing eggs and now we are down to 1 great one, a couple "alright" ones and a grundle of crappy ones that are potentially worthless.
I know that I should be happy to have the opportunity to even being doing this. But for now, I don't want to talk about. I don't sympathy texts...I just want to be left alone. Maybe tomorrow we'll feel better...but then again...maybe not.

No comments: