Saturday, July 14, 2012

Shots, Shots & More Shots

On Thursday Devan and I had appointments at the fertility clinic. I had went in for my baseline ultrasound and to get some blood drawn. Devan had to go deposit a back up sample (read between the lines on that one) just in case something happens and he isn't able to deposit on the day the dr's try to make our petri dish embryos. A baseline ultrasound determines if we are okay to go forth pumping my body full of hormones to grow eggs. In the ultrasound the Dr looks to see if there are an cysts on my ovaries. Hormone injections can not be taken if there are cysts present (and estrogen producing...but that's a lecture for another time.) Good news for me, my ovaries are cyst free and we good to continue with Phase 3.
Phase 3 consists of 3 shots every morning (Lupron, Gonal-F, & Menopur) and a baby aspirin and prenatal vitamin at night.
Here we have what I like to call medication station. I keep all the medicine out that I'm currently using.
Typical morning...wake up, wash my hands, get all three shots ready. Once they're done I tell Devan we're ready. PS...pay no attention to the fact that I desperately need to dust my night stand.
Devan hates giving me my shots. Maybe even more than I hate getting them. He does wonderful job at it.
It is very overwhelming to think of all the shots I'm going to receive over this IVF process. I try to find things that help me relax and forget about everything going on. It might be a good book, a pedicure, coke Slurpee or chocolate milkshake. Sometimes it can even be a great lotion. See...it says right on the bottle "stress relief." Relax and Think Clearly. Words to live by.








No comments: