Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Babysitter Called

I just got off the phone with the fertility clinic babysitter, also known as the embryologist. It turns out the egg count yesterday was a bit off. We only had 62 eggs. Still...that's quite a number. So today the babysitter called giving us the number of eggs that fertilized. The Dr. told us we could hope for 30...well...once again our little parts are over achieving. We have 42 fertilized eggs. The fertilized eggs as of right now are not embryos. That should happen later today and tonight. They call us everyday to give us updates on our little potential babies. I LOVE THAT!
Then she asked the best question ever, "how are you feeling?" Well, let me tell you, I feel like crap. I told her all the problems I was having today and she made me feel much better by letting me know that all my problems are to be expected. Especially since I had do many eggs and such a petite body. (I love being told I have a small frame.) She then gave me the okay to get some over the counter medicine. Here is a list of my ailments.

*Electrolytes for reducing abdominal fluid.
*Prevacid for my constant acid reflux.
*Colace to use as a stool softener.

She said the my constant acid reflux and problem with going to the bathroom were because all my insides are super squished. I'm aware that this might be too much information for some...but...this is the truth. I feel worse now after the retrieval than I ever did before. I'm bloated, crampy and feel constipated. Last night I woke up around 3 to use the potty. Let me tell you, having a full bladder when my body was already full was not nice. I hobbled my way to the restroom doubled over in pain. I'm so glad the gal at the clinic said this was to be expected. At least I know my body is reacting accordingly and not going crazy. She said I should start feeling better in a couple of weeks.

No comments: