Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Its a Good Day for Egg Huntin'

Our egg retreivel this morning went about as good as it could. We were in and out in about an hour and half. Dr. Foulk said he got 64 eggs out of me. Can you believe that...64. I about fell on the floor when he said that...well, that and I was still really loopy/groggy from the general anesthesia.
Of the 64 eggs they usually end up being able to use roughly 60%. Not all eggs are viable. Over the next 3 to 5 days my many eggs will meet up with millions of Devan's sperm and try to make little embryos...ah...the beginning of life. I am frequently asked 2 questions. The first is *How many embryos with they put back in. The answer is 2. I am healthy and most importantly under the age of 35...therefor, they will put 2 embryos back in. If I was over 35 they would typically do 3 simply because the chances of getting are much lower. Here's the second question *How long after the transfer will you know if your pregnant? The answer to this is 2 weeks...also known as the dreaded two week wait.
Once again I was reminded today of my Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome. I can only drink things with electrolytes in them such as Gatorade, Vitamin Water, Powerade and Smart Water. Absolutely no regular water. I also have to make sure I get around 50 g of whey protein in my body. We have to go to Walmart today to pick some of that up. I also am required to keep a chart of how much I drink, how much I pee and how much I weigh. For example, today I weighed 7 pounds more than I did yesterday. Now, while I did eat 2 cupcakes yesterday at Aunt Karen's, I think it's safe to say that most all of that can and should be contributed to fluid build-up in my abdomen.
I'm sorry I don't have any pics...maybe next time :)

No comments: