Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Darn You Hollywood

Let me clear something up before I get into my rant about how Hollywood has single handedly ruined fertility treatments. If you want to ask me a question about IVF, please free to do so. In my last post I explained that one of my reasons for doing it was to filter out some questions. If you want to ask me something...bring it on :) Now, back to my ranting. I honestly believe that Hollywood and the media has somehow glorified IVF. IVF is not fantastic, its not awesome, its not exciting. What it is - it's heartbreaking, it's full of stress & anxiety, it empties our pockets, and it scares us to death. It is amazing that science and technology might be able to help us get pregnant...but what if it doesn't work? There are not a lot of things that can get me all riled up...but it's safe to say that right now I am a giant stress ball of a nervous wreck. Let's just say that my stress levels have caused a rash and a couple of canker sores. I think there is a general misconception that if you do IVF you are going to get pregnant. That couldn't be farther from the truth. There are a lot of things that could go wrong. Devan and I have been through a couple of difficult situations in our adults lives, and I can honestly say that our infertility is the most difficult trial we have ever faced. It has rattled our faith and caused many sleepless nights...which is why I'm confused at to why we would be congratulated. I can feel this getting long...I think I'll stop now. On a lighter note...we got a new lawn mower. Last week it took Devan and I 2 hours and roughly 34 "bag dumps". This week....30 minutes and about 6 dumps. WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Isn't it cute :)

1 comment:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.