Wednesday, June 5, 2013

2 Month Well Check

Yesterday we took the babies in for their 2 month well check appointment. For starters, the day started out a bit rough when I woke up sick at 4 am. Now, Devan was planning on working a few hours that morning and then coming home early to help with the dr appointment. Luckily for me though he decided to just take the whole day off. This allowed me to sleep in plus he basically took care of the babies himself most of the day. (I am one lucky wife!)
The dr appointment itself went really well. The dr said both little ones were doing great. Here were their stats:

Ethan:
Weight - 11 lbs 7 oz (50%)
Length - 23 inches (50%)
Head - 40 cm (50%)

Lily:
Weight - 9 lbs 7 oz (10%)
Length - 22.5 inches (50%)
Head - 38 cm (25%)

The dr joked that Ethan must have read the baby manual since he was exactly 50% for every category. They both received 5 shots yesterday. Poor little dears. They had 2 nurses come in so that they could do them both at the same time. They had Devan and I hold their arms and the nurses held their legs and administered the shots. I swear they both looked up at me with a look that screamed "why on earth are you torturing me like this."
After their appointment they both fell asleep in the truck and stayed asleep for a couple of hours. Then they both woke up and all hell broke loose. It took both Devan and I quite a while to get them both calmed down enough to eat anything and then back to sleep. I snapped this picture of Ethan sleeping on dad.

I'm glad to say that so far today is going much better. They have been sleeping a lot and I even got smiles out of both of them...so I'm pretty sure they don't totally hate me :)

Now for a totally different topic. I took these pics this last Saturday while we were up in Draper taking care of G & N's lawn. The only thing missing from the first picture is Grandma sitting right between them. We sure do miss them!!!




No comments: