Friday, April 22, 2011

My First Patch Quilt


When Devan got his job at BYU we were left with a pile of brown pants (most of which had huge holes in them) and a bunch of gray and blue shirts that had his name embroidered in to them. One day I had the thought..."Hey, we should make a quilt out of these clothes." At first it seemed like a good idea. Then about 2 months in to the project I thought "this is a horrible idea." But now that everything is finally all done I'm glad I did it. I had a lot of help along the way. One day Massiel and Cyndi came and helped me sew squares together. Massiel at one point also helped me cut the squares out. Plus I had a great little helper names Devan. He did a lot of sewing. Plus he is a pro at quilting. I'm proud to say that we are finally done. I think the whole thing took me about 4 months to complete. Here are some pictures.





1 comment:

Nyla Gregory said...

Wow,,, that is a great accomplishment. And it looks fantastic. Congrats on a 'big project' well done. You'll love it for many years.