Sunday, June 6, 2010

Just Sittin' on the Deck

I think one of my favorite places to be in my house is actually not in my house at all. I love my deck!!! (Soon to be wicked awesome man-cave if Devan has anything to say about it.) The storm clouds are rolling in and while this picture doesn't even come close to doing it justice, it is down pouring. There is a slight rumble of thunder every now and then, but other than that all I can hear are crickets, some birds and an occasional frog. No, I don't live in the middle of Nowheresville (even though I would like to)... so, yes, there is also a car driving by every few minutes. This is the view from my deck...I wanted to share it with you.



This is the view from the front of my house right now...I was driven to the covered deck in the back because of the rain.



Now on to other matters. This weekend marked a big day in the life of my good friend Megan. We had her baby shower. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the picks from the shower (Megan if you are reading this...please forward a couple to me :) ). My job was to make her cake. Lately I have been diving in to the wonderful world of cake decorating. It really is much easier than I thought it would be. Here is my first attempt at using fondant. The colors were my attempt at matching their baby's room.



While we are on the subject of cakes, this is the Bleeding Armadillo I made for Price and Cyndi's wedding. And yes, the inside was most definitely homemade red velvet.



While my cake skills still need quite a bit of work I really enjoy doing it. I don't mind that they take several hours. I love the idea of creating something out of food. And I love seeing the look on the face of who ever the cake if for. So, if anyone wants a cake made...let me know, it might not be perfect, but I promise I will try my very best.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ginny, those cakes look amazing! I would love to learn how to decorate and be better at it... you must teach me some technique and skills. I think they look really amazing, great job!