Sunday, February 15, 2009

Keep Your Fingers Crossed



Today just might be the day that we go home. I know that Devan is starting to feel better because he is now starting to complain about everything. He hates the oxygen tube because it smells like vinyl...he hates being woken up in the night...he hates the leg things he has to wear in order to avoid blood clots. I can tell that he is doing much better and ready to get out of here.

Yesterday started out pretty rough but changed course once we were able to take the tube out of Devan's nose. He stopped getting nauseous..and most importantly...he could start a clear liquid diet. The first thing he wanted was some apple juice. He said it was of the best things has ever tasted. After a couple of hours with no nausea or pain he was updated to full liquid diet...mean he could now eat pudding. I haven't seen him that happy in along time.





After we talked with the doctor I went home to take a shower. I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few visitors in Devan's room when I got back. Danna Lee and Adam brought us some Valentines treats to give to our nurses and also something very special for me...SUSHI!!!!!!! Danna Lee knows I loves sushi, especially the Don Juan roll from Tsunami. She also figured that I probably wouldn't be going out for a nice dinner with my husband to celebrate the holiday, so she brought the nice dinner to me. I think i inhaled that poor little sushi rool within about 5 minutes. I should have taken a picture of everyone that was here along with all of food that was brought...but I ate it (the food...not the people.) One visitor that we got that we were not expecting was Jared Johnson and his sweetheart dance date. What a pleasant surprise. It was really great to see him. We also had Russ, Natalie and Whitney come by...they brought some ridiculously delicious cookies. Loe and Evelyn came to see Devan, and Price and Sam stopped by on their way home from the airport.

Overall I would say that yesterday has been the best day yet. He improved a great deal both in health and moral. He started eating food...and we had some great visits. Now all we are waiting on is for the doctor to come in and to give us the go ahead to go home. This morning Devan was able to get up and eat breakfast while sitting in the chair and we were able to give him a much needed shower :) He only has one IV left in him and they have officially stopped giving him narcotic pain medicine. Like I said...today will hopefully be the day we go home. Peace Out!!!

1 comment:

RussNatEvans said...

Sorry to hear you had to go back to the hospital. Let us know when your back home again and if you need anything! We're thinkin' and prayin' for ya! Love you guys!
Love the blog by the way!!