Sunday, October 5, 2008

Alaska The Beautiful

At the end of August my wonderful family all went on an Alaskan cruise. Devan parents made it a retirement goal to take all of their kids and their kids spouses on an Alaskan cruise. And thank goodness for that goal!!! I was also fortunate enough to be able to talk my parents into coming. The lovely ladies down the road, Loe & Evelyn,(long time friends with the Gregory's were also able to come. The total count for our cruise party was 20 people. We were a sight where ever we went. We all met at the Salt Lake Airport at 4:30 am on Saturday, August 23rd. We met up with my parents in the Vancouver, Canada airport. We cruised on the Sapphire Princess boat...it was huge and beautiful. We all had rooms with balconies...all lined up in a row. We opened up the dividers and had one long balcony in which we could roam free. This proved to awesome except for early in the morning when people would come and knock on our window to wake us up to tell us that we had finally come in to port.

Instead of trying to post all of the pictures on this blog...click on my Flickr link and see them all lined up. We did so many great things on our vacation. The scenery was gorgeous. I thought that maybe it would look a lot like Oregon. I could not have been more wrong. I have seen the the shoreline of the Pacific coast, and I have seen the high, snowy mountain tops of Utah. But nothing could ever compare to the rugged, majestic, and picturesque beauty of Alaska. It truly is a sight that I think everyone should see at least once.

The trip was amazing. It was a much needed rest from normal life. I think it was exactly was my parent's, Devan, and myself all needed. The scenery was wonderful, the food was delicious, but the company was as great as it could have possibly been. I am blessed to have such a wonderful family. After 8 days and 7 nights, we all still got along. No one was yelling at each other.
Thank you Garald and Nyla for taking us on the vacation of a life time. The memories created will stick with us for the rest of our lives.

1 comment:

The Josh's said...

I am glad to be alive too! I am jealous of the Alaskan cruise, that is one thing I would love to do. Did you get to see the northern lights?